Friday, December 8, 2006

prelude 2 purling

I ate with chop sticks last night ! I am very excited about that !
I have had the pleasure of spending time with my brother's wife , who is Korean and she is a very special person.
I am truly inspired by her and all she does. She is lovely ...Thank you girl..she has changed my mind about school, my age and even math.. I feel blessed to have gotten a chance to hear her perspective on things...
I even brought her to the BP knitting meet up ....she is knitting a garter stitch scarf ... " not because I like ,but of you" she says .. translation: knitting aint' my thing chick , but I'm doing it cause I'm supporting you .. " lol....

I have been kind of out of the loop with my knitting of late. I am fixing that this week end though ..don't fear. At this point in my life I feel I am just making excuses and that is not good at all..So I am looking things in the face and seeing where the heck I can improve ...

I went out Wed.night for a little music and dancing. I have not gone out for a long while ; it was good to get my groove on with hubby and hear some hot new music from my favorite local d.j.Sibling .....It was fun ...

I have upgraded my wardrobe and revamped my look . I'm now officially almost 30 and trying to just do this aging thing gracefully !!!
so far I am happy with it all and feel a lot more powerful and confident when I do make an effort to look nice or feminine. I don't mind, it will take some getting used to keep this up. but it is worth it for me ...

We ended up getting a Pathfinder , did I already show you her . I will have to figure out what's up with my diggie camera and take some pics to update you visually on my life...

any ways .......

I am ready to seam up the Boogie Vest . She took me over a month to complete .. I was aiming for two weeks, lol...but I am not complaining...I will finish the last few rows and seam tonight....I will be going to my the LYS, knotty girl tomorrow to meet up with my knittah sistah friend Atarah. She and I will be discussing the future of the Black Purls knitting and crochet circle...We are growing as a group and with that comes the good and the bad.....feel me ? But I am glad my knitting group has developed and continues to thrive. I will try to blog more about the knitting circle ...

I have not blogged on Nano writing challenge yet, but here goes ....I have 62 pages of my long thought about novel written!
I truly love Nano, and although I only wrote 21,000...uhm that's still 21,000 words !!! I am very proud of my self for accomplishment ! I have nothing to fear , I know that now. I barely slept in November because of trying to get the words out . but no problem. I never written so much in effort to complete my book.....yet me!!!

I love the fact that I am writing passionately about something that I like . It was such a luxury to type on my laptop all November....
I was forced against the wall and so I was forced to push my creativity and create a story with characters with life and drama ..I can't wait to finish ...and to start again ...

This week end I will knit , write , catch up on reading and get some shopping in ..
What ever you do , enjoy it ...do it with conviction ...

Have a nice week end !

1 comment:

Deborah said...

love the new look. Can't wait to see pictures!