Thursday, January 4, 2007

power of the poncho



I am very proud to present my two rectangle poncho . Very easy to make , i just lolly gagged a lot so it took longer than it could have.

I do have a home for her already. My little 9 year old cousin's closet. I do hope she wears it ..kicks around in it with some jeans .(hint , hint if her mother is reading this).....I
I've decided to release any care , stress or doubt over whether or not the receivers I knit for wears what i have made...( it would help though, huh ? )I have also established that it is truly the thought that counts..
" I was thinking of you, and here is what the out come of those thoughts were: an afghan, a doily, a woolie warmer..."
lol.. you get my point... It is truly the though that counts.
Of course, I will try to make some hot stuff so they will WANT to wear my hand made goods, but I can not control the outcome .....I have hard enough time controlling gauge ..lol...and i enjoy the latter much better any how....

I just love this ponch0~ love the fact that you can use any yarn , needles and pattern to make the identical rectangles and then you just sew up ..I found this wonderful "Poncho Pattern Helper" and I am running with it ...This is also great for newbie knitters because it is great help with seaming ...

Yes ya'll , this means yet another W.I.P has been whipped ! It Feels Good !!!!!!!!!!

I have the Ruby vest to go back to (already worked the front and 1/2 the back before the desertion period...) and tackle and the Clapotis also and the W.I.P pile is all done baby... officially !
I'll never do that again; have 5-6 unfinished w.i.ps just collecting dust in my stash! Never Again ! From now one I'll only have 2-3 knitting projects going at once, no more ..
This year i will be a proactive knitter. This Year I AM PROACTIVE !

I am officially done with typepad so please update your side bars with my link, I'm trying to link up with as much knitters , crochters and fiber folks out there! Holla at ya girl !

2007 KNITTING AND SPINNING GOALS :

*KNIT DAILY& PROUD WITH NO APOLOGIES
*BLOG WITH PICS REGULARLY
*1-3 PROJECTS GOING AT ONCE ..NO MORE THAN THAT
*MAKE BLANKETS FOR THE BOYS.... COMPLETE BY YEARS END ( that's 3 )

*SPIN THE ROVING I HAVE ON MY HAND SPINDLE
*BUY MORE ROVING /BUY WHEEL
*KEEP THE KNOTTE HOTTIES CIRCLE ALIVE AND THRIVING


That's pretty proactive, no?
What do you have planned for your knitting this year?..Do share...

happy knitting , crafting, and weekend-ing,
do it safe...
I'll pop in again before Monday ...

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Very nice. Did you do this in 1 piece?

a cup of joy said...

Is that the poncho modeled by your niece on your knitters group site:knottie Hotties? The poncho looks awesome on the little model! You did a fantastic job! I finally finished my shawl today during North Carolina's snow day, so I'll either knit that Boogie Sweater Vest or socks :)