Friday, May 11, 2007

Purling and Productive too....

A productive Friday and two cavities in tow.

I'm done with sweets. I can't believe that I went through my entire child hood with no issues and find it astonishing that I have them now. Well I guess that I can buy all the soda and sweets I want now , versus when I was young and mother always said " NO!" so that has something to do with my downfall. Any how , no mo' soda..
I did not enjoy the dentist poking around my mouth and beaming that bright light on my face today ...so no mo' ..
I will not , I will not , I will not ..

In more positive knote.I have been doing well with my summer scarf pattern.I sat down last night instead of brooding about not going out and did some real focused knitting . Now I am on row 15 an loving it ..I can already see the pattern forming. I am at work doing my 6 hour stint tonight and may get in few more rows before the night is done. I am keeping track too, which is great . I have yet to get lost on the pattern. I am trying a different technique.This time instead of marking up my page with lines and check marks.I am simply using a sticky note and moving it down the pattern . so only the row being completed is highlighted ..so far this is working. I learned this lil trick at the LYS a few weeks ago. Glad to share .


Yay podcasts!!!!!!!!!!!
I have been listening to Pod cast..Never thought I would .... and although I never thought I be a knitter, much less a blogger, much less a knitting novel reader , I must now add yet another claim to the list : knit pod listener...
Who knew I'd love listening to audios about knitting!!! Some say it's real pathetic...they are the same ones who rolled eyes when i got my first copy of Knit one , Kill tow..so wateva ....Hey my therapy, is my therapy....The surprises just keep trickling in ..

So far I have listened in on Stash and Burn , Sleepy Eyes, and today I came across Knitty D and the City and listed to Pointy sticks. I think this really s some thing I will try. I get more ideas and more excited the more I think of it ....A possibility ..I am truly inspired ...

My baby boy turns 8 tomorrow. I have a pretty busy day starting with pancakes and peaches , strawberries and whipped cream . Tasty huh, This is the sweet breakfast I making for my baby, xcuse me , i meant big boy ... ....Tonight I will be making his cake , so I can have that down ...I may make it from scratch although I did buy the box I need to cheat if I am too tired. Which is highly likely ...I feel no guilt. I am a good mom !

Mother's Day , hmmm, not sure what the plans are yet. I may get my nails done and I may twist my hair for the up coming week....I have to get an early start~ hair twisting takes 3+ hours ...and I do want to get my mommy some plants for the yard. She is in need of some potted plants and flowers.

My wonderful DH got me a Tiffany Bracelet ( gasp ) and has been acting very romantic and grateful for me lately .... no complaints here...so i'm good....

Happy Week's End and Happy Mother's day !

2 comments:

Maria Papoila said...

Madeleine McCann, 4 years old,disappeared from The Ocean Club resort, Praia da Luz, Lagos, Portugal, in the evening of May 3, 2007. Police says that she was kidnapped by an english man.
Please, go to my blog to see her foto, and if possible, copy that to your blog.
There´s a reward, google it!

Deborah said...

Did you at least get to try laughing gas???