Wednesday, May 9, 2007

I'm moving on down.....My list of knits......



I went to my LYS for the first time in weeks! It was good to sink into those big comfy couches and just simply knit and listen in on suburbian gossip and what is happening on the outskirts of the innercity I call home. I am usually the black sheep at the LYS, and at first I used to feel funny being the only "black" girl at the knit shop. I wondered where all the sistah were...One or two here or there, even the majority of knit bloggers are NOT black... But I have grown ok with that now. And know that I am special .... But in the beginning I'm sure I turned a few heads a few times that I walked up in there, but I could not let color or culture stop me from learning this amazing craft. So I laugh and truly consider my self the brown sheep of the flock at times. To date, No one has ever been offensive or made any comments on my being there. There is no "whites only" sign on the shop door, so I can honestly say I have always been welcomed, but yeah, it was a bit weird at first....

And now, there are more and more bloggers of culture out there! and I am grateful for the added spice.

And that is of course one of the main reason that I created Da Knottie Hotties , to encourage more people of color to pursue these fine arts and to truly give back. I have been hosting the commu-knitty knit-ups for over a year now and although growth is slow , it is a year later and I can really say I am happy with what has taken place. This year, my plan is to promote , promote, promote and get the word out ....

Happy Birthday Knottie Hotties!


The man's belt that I designed is almost done. Just need to add the finishing touches. My blog has to be pic-less for now ,I have no camera except for my phone and uhm that aint gon' cut it ...So for now , please be patient with me .

I am going to sit and attempt to work on a new pattern that one of the ladies from my LYS created. It is pretty scarf with a vine and stems and leaves and flowers. I think i'll make it for a cool summer day ...I know ya wanna see it, but i have to knit it first , no pic with pattern .Only the one hanging in the store. But it is gorgeous and I'm knitting it in
Atacama/ #504 Olive/Tan Mix . It is soft and slightly variagated for a little personality.

I have to go and search for my cotton red, gold green to add to my man belt for a little added cultural flair...Really hope hubby likes it , he did see me knitting on it and said " I like that " , Good because I was testing him out. He doesn't really know its for him. I don't think. Any how~

I hope I don't catch finish-itis and end up just having a long "strap" in my knitting basket...But nah, I'm a mature knitter now ! I won't do such a thing..thing of the past ........ C'mon, I got so far , can a girl lose it just like that ??? Shhhh, say it ain't so !

Okay time to touch that summer scarf pattern again...

lata

No comments: