Tuesday, February 27, 2007

They wrestle and play with toys..none other than knitting boys

Here's some great news :
My 7 year old son, Jazz has been knitting on and off since kwanzaa, despite the name calling from his bros, he really likes it . lol, Ree, my 9 year old, asked me a few weeks ago to teach him, (our 1st attempt years ago was a disaster) I said Ok .. I invited him to knit yesterday morning , casted on for him and showed him the knit stitch ........while watching Knitty Gritty , now airing mon, wed, fri mornings at 7 a.m in my area...

My Heavens!!!!

The boy was in pure bliss! Mind you this is my middle son, any one with a " MiD-KiD " knows the struggle. I hope this really works for him, at 9 he already needs anger management help ...He sat there after he got it, enthusiastic and watching Knitty Gritty ..He even kept going when I left for work, stopping due to a dropped stitched ...lol..

He got about 4-5 rows done !!!!!!!!! And non Jazz had a knitting pal and won't feel so isolated..Tonight Ree said " I love knitting ! " I BEAMED!!!!!!

Proud mom of two knitting sons...we'll see how long it last ..lol

They went at it again tonight, I showed both boys how to deal with dropped stitches...
Then we watched The Last Knit on you tube before they went off to count sheep and sleep...lol ...who'da thought ?




More fun stuff...


The multi directional scarf stumped me at the end. Then I realized there are two versions. The version I wanted is the symmetrical version. If you decided to make this scarf , which is a relaxing , steady knit in garter stitch you can pick how to end it. I love the triangles and the color way on the NORO kureyan. ( total scarf is like 45$) to be expected with snob yarn.... just kidding.. but Noro is pricey in bulk ... so I think I am scaling back..I am not a snob at all..just love to knit with quality ..
I am happy to be done with the mutli scarf, I can go back to the other WIP's that I left in the dust, yet once again.


KNIT ON~ 4 real wo/man !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.